Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Going Forward

The purpose of this site is to not only promote my philosophy regarding the ever-changing world of marketing, but also explain how a company can promote themselves without losing their own sense of well being.  I believe that the best way to win friends and influence people is to be authentic and responsive. These aren't revolutionary concepts, but harder to put into practice than many may think. That's why we're innodated with announcement Tweets and post on Facebook that only brag about your accomplishments.

The response I've received from my first three posts have been fantastic, and while I haven't received a lot of public comments, I did get two private emails that show I'm on the right track.  Now experiment time is over and its time to get a schedule down.  If Marketing With Humanity is going to dispense advice, then I need to start posting on a regular basis.  After all, do I want to be that guy who only shows up every few months to crash on your couch and drink your beer, or do I want to be the guy who is always there no matter what?

Look for posts every Friday starting today.  Posts will alternate between Yoda-like advice and examples of companies that I think are doing social media well.  Every week sometimes is hard to remember, especially when you are managing the online connections to your organization, so sign up and receive our RSS feed by email.  Better yet, follow me on Twitter to keep the conversation going. 

Thank you for all who sent me notes of encouragement during this month long experiment.  And thank you for all who have spent time reading my ramblings.  Hopefully, this site helps you avoid the position I was in when I stared into the online abyss seven years ago.  After all, we're all in this together.

No comments:

Post a Comment